Monday, March 5, 2012

Cabbage with minced chicken



Last night I make this dish and believe me it was clean gone. and I was telling my self I should make this recipe from full cabbage. in my home I try to make fresh food all the time and that mean  less or no left over but my family asks is there any left over cabbage wow I feel like I did good job.
So make this simple healthy tasty side dish for your family and feel good about serving it because it’s all good for you and your family.

Nutritional value of cooked cabbage.
  This food is very low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Protein,  Calcium, Phosphorus and Copper, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6,  Magnesium, Potassium and Manganese.


Cabbage with minced chicken
Ingredients
1cup chicken minced[I made fresh by sliced and minced chicken breast in chopper ]
Half cabbage shredded
1 small onion thinly sliced
1 tomato diced
1tsp ginger grated
 1tsp curry powder
1/4tsp turmeric powder
1/4tsp red chili flakes
salt and pepper according to taste
1/2tsp garam masala
1tsp cumin seeds
5tbsp canola oil
Method:

in large skillet add oil and onion , cumin seeds and cook it for 1 minute add minced chicken stir ,break down with help of wooden spoon, add ginger, curry powder, turmeric powder, and red chili flakes stir and add tomatoes and let it cook for 5 minutes .
after 5 minutes add cabbage salt and pepper  and garam masala stir and cover the skillet  for 15 minutes on low  stir frequently until done. Serve with white rice and salad or Rita.  

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Ayesha, That looks delicious. Good honest desi cuisine at its best. The ingredients list ticked all of the boxes for me. Will cook it this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tried it today and turned out really well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A delicious dish. Thank you we really enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please give the spice ingredients for the curry powder as foreign curry powders are completely different.
    Jazakallah

    ReplyDelete