Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Namak Pare



                            Namak Pare
I love namak pare from the time when I was a little kid  I remember usually namak pare serve in  tea party and I loved those tea parties . they buy them from out side. Pakistan namak pare is sell in bakeries and also in the street .these heavenly salty crispy finger food is ideal for tea parties.
When I come to us I kind miss these yummy munch on appetizers  so I try  this recipe  from my food and nutrition college practical copy the  ghee to oil and the addition  of rice flour but if you have no problem but butter or ghee you can use any of them.
And this is one thing that when I make my husband and 2 princesses are so happy and in the end I have to make more no left over. It’s great for kids since they need good fat too for their body and mind development.
So enjoy this Pakistani  appetizer with cup of black tea.
Ingredients.

1 cup all purpose flour
2 tbsp rice flour
2 tsp cumin seeds
3 tbsp canola oil
Salt according to taste
1/3-cup cold water
Oil for frying

Method:
    in this one i add some whole wheat flour too.

In large mixing bowl mix together rice flour and all-purpose flour with oil salt, cumin seeds
Rub it with your hands; add little water at a time till the dough forms.
Roll the dough in to round 12 inch circle and cut the dough in to 1 inch long cut the rest and fry them in oil until light golden, serve.
Note. if you want to store them, after they get cold store them in air tight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment