Monday, April 16, 2012

Asiya, s Vegetable Pulao




My sister asiya always cook  this vegetable pulao .very elegant looking this rice dish invite you on the table .I remember asiya love rice and till that day what ever you cook she will have excuse that I don’t like eating it with bread I will cook some rice.
me and asiya were very good friends we went to school together from kindergarten to 6th grade we were in the same class and all new teacher and students ask us are you twins. she competed her M.A
she got married and has a beautiful family .I come to  America  but I miss her  and  all my family.

But when ever I cook vegetable pulao  I feel like I am watching the old days with my open eyes  .me and my mom telling her you have to eat good food not only rice. And she has to eat only rice . there were always a big bag of rice available for her incase  she don’t eat anything else.
So here is a rice recipe from the person who love rice and who  know rice more then any other person I know.
                                     Asiya, s Vegetable Pulao


Ingredients:

1/2-cup green beans
1/2-cup snow peas
1/2-cup carrots
1/2 cup green bell pepper
1/2 cup green peas
1 cup French fries
 4 baby corns
2 green onions
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp black pepper
Salt according to taste
2 cups basmati rice
4 cups water
1/8-cup canola oil
or
1cup shredded cabbage
1/4cup carrots
green snow peas
1 small potato
1/4cup broccoli florets
2 cup cooked basmati rice
salt and pepper
2tbsp canola oil
½ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp cumin seeds
 


Method:

Cook the rice by adds rice water, and salt in the rice cooker.

IN non stick frying pan or wok add oil and fry the equally size cut vegetables.

 stir Frequently until cooked. Add turmeric powder salt and pepper cumin seeds and mix well.

Add rice and stir-fry for 2 minutes on low until done.
Serve with any curry of your choice and salad.

1 comment:

  1. Great post on "Asiya, s Vegetable Pulao". As a professional chef i have to appreciate your work. Keep Posting useful posts like this. Keep in touch with my websites- cooking classes for beginners dubai | cooking classes in dubai

    ReplyDelete