Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Potato cutlets



There is nothing like crispy potato cutlets which are soft and tender from inside. This is my friend the quick and easy  recipe of potato cutlets .
Potato cutlets are very famous dish in Pakistani  and as grow up in Peshawar we make cutlets very mild but as you go to other parts of Pakistan ,you will notice  they like spicier  cutlets .
But when it comes to my choice I want to have potato cutlets with a hot cup of tea or make a burger out of it  and in both situations  I like mild not hot, so I can dip it in to chatney.
 I remember 5 years back my husband boss invite him for his farewell party .since everyone was bring I dish with them so I make these potato cutlets ,arrange them in large silver tray .I was very worried because all the people were Americans  and it was my first time to cook for them .but  I was very pleased when this was the first thing  despaired from the table and I was very happy that  everyone liked it.

        Potato cutlets
Ingredients.
4 boil potatoes
1 egg or two egg whites
1 1/2 cup breadcrumbs[I use home made from whole wheat bread]
1 tsp mango powder
1tbsp  chopped fresh coriander ,cilantro
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 tbsp chopped chives or green onion.
Salt and pepper.
 1/2 tsp Ajowan caraway, carom seeds
Oil for shallow frying


Method:

Peel and mash the boiled potatoes. Add chopped chives salt and pepper cumin seeds mango powder and carom seeds, mix well.
Make small size cakes and keep aside.
In one plate place breadcrumbs. And in one small bowl whisk egg whites.
Dip the potato cutlets in egg wash then bread crumbs then preheated non stick frying pan cook on both sides until golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment