Thursday, February 9, 2012

peshaweri chewree





There are some food that take you to past ,the happy memories make you smile when you are cooking them and the aroma make you to close your eyes and take a deep breath and say I am in heaven .well this is chewree .every year in Peshawar we celebrate  the month of chewree ,all the girls who get married they are waiting so there mom send them chewree along with new dress bangles, and other gifts   .the chewree is usually a star because they decorate them with lots of nut and then share the chewree with friend and relatives .I remember in the end of the day you got different types of chewree ,with lots of nut’s .and we like them with tea. And I can have them in breakfast or as simple dessert. I remember  I cook chewree and my American friend  visit me one evening and I make chewree and black tea she love it so much she ask me for recipe and I tell her I never thought about making recipe out of it because its so easy .so here you go the recipe of simple yummy chewree.
 serves 2
           pesheweri chewree


ingredients

1 cup wheat flour
1/4 cup corn flour
2tbsp semolina flour
cold water for kneading
2 tsp fennel seeds
2 tbsp oil
sauce
 2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp brown sugar
mix nuts for garnishing

method:


in a mixing bowl mix three types of flours add oil fennel seeds and mix with your hand, add water little by little until 
the dough form the dough must be hard not sticky. roll it in to thick short bread.


 like round one circle like flat bread .
carefully slide it on preheat skillet cook it on both sides until golden brown on both sides
remove from heat  cool completely cut the bread in small pieces  use chopped or food processor till look like burgle wheat stir mix nuts raisins,
mix sugar and butter heat until  melt sprinkle on chewree  serve with green tea or can be serve in breakfast.
                                        




                                        
Add caption
                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment